Duration: 12 months (01.08.2017 – 01.08.2018)
Venue: Kolding, Denmark
Funded by: Erasmus+ Programme, Danish National Agency
Hosting Organisation: Houens Odde Spejdercenter, Kolding
Volunteers: 6 local and international volunteers on different project, among which 2 EVS volunteers
The main ideas of the scout organisation Houens Odde Spejdercenter is to educate children and youth through activities, learning by doing, and children teach children. By doing this it helps developing children and young people to becoming independent, honest, democratic and responsible adults who have respect for their environment and nature. Main activities are, therefore, mostly concentrated on nature and environment activities.
The volunteer from Germany will support the activities of the hosting organisation during 12 months. Specific tasks include:
– organising activities for the customers of the centre
– supporting the activities of summer camps and youth camps
– supporting logistics of the centre such as taking care of the garden, preparing centre for welcoming groups, etc.
– supporting the kitchen team in preparing meals for groups
– preparing camping for scout groups
– learning Danish language
– developing and implementing a personal project in the frame of the centre’s activities
The European Intercultural Forum e. V. is sending one volunteer to this placement.
July 2017: The EVS project has been approved and Ronja, the EVS volunteer from Germany, will departing to Denmark beginning of August. More news soon!