Duration: 12 months (01.07.2016 – 01.07.2017)
Venue: Kolding, Denmark
Funded by: Erasmus+ Programme, Denmark National Agency
Hosting Organisation: Houens Odde Spejdercenter
Volunteer: 1 volunteer from Germany
Houens Odde Spejdercenter is owned by KFUM-Spejderne i Danmark – the biggest scout association in Denmark.
The main ideas of our scout organisation is to educate children and youth through activities, learning by doing, and children teach children. By doing this we help developing children and young people in to becoming independent, honest, democratic and responsible adults who have respect for their environment and nature. Our main activities are, therefore, mostly concentrated on nature and environment activities.
The volunteer from Germany will support the activities of the hosting organisation during 12 months. Specific tasks include:
– organising activities for the customers of the centre
– supporting the activities of summer camps and youth camps
– supporting logistics of the centre such as taking care of the garden, preparing centre for welcoming groups, etc.
– supporting the kitchen team in preparing meals for groups
– preparing camping for scout groups
– learning Danish language
– developing and implementing a personal project in the frame of the centre’s activities
The European Intercultural Forum e. V. is sending one volunteer to this placement.
May 2016: the project is approved for funding by the Danish National Agency and we are starting the preparation of Lizanne for her departure on 1st of July!
July 2016: Lizanne is blogging on Youthreporter, follow her during her EVS service at: https://www.youthreporter.eu/de/profil/skikatze/
September 2016: On-Arrival Training, Colour Run and weekends’ excursions around Kolding, check out what Lizanne did in September here.
October 2016: follow Lizanne’s experience in Denmark. Here her summary of October on Youthreporter!
November 2016: Lizanne’s activities in November on her blog!
January 2017: here the summary of Lizanne’s January in Kolding.