Duration: 12 months from September 2018 to August 2019
Venue: Armenia (Dilijan) and Georgia (Rustavi)
Funded by: Erasmus+ programme, German National Agency
Youth Cooperation Centre of Dilijan NGO (YCCD) in Dilijan, Armenia (3 placements)
Georgian Association of Educational Initiatives (SIQA) in Rustavi, Georgia (2 placements)
Volunteers: 6 young people from Germany
The project aims to empower young people from Germany and from Armenia. Objectives of the volunteering activities are as follow:
– To strengthen key competences of young people (volunteers and their local peers) especially civic, cross-social and intercultural competences
– To enhance active citizenship and social responsibility of young people form Germany and Armenia
– To inspire young people by giving them the opportunity to explore the role of civil society in fostering social inclusion, equality and peace
– To promote volunteering and active participation as a tool for personal and professional development
In both placements the volunteers from Germany will support the activities of the hosting organisations and especially organise non-formal educational activities for and with local young people (up to 25 years old) in their placements and in partner institutions such as local schools, universities, youth clubs, etc.
News from the volunteers!
- September 2018: After a common workshop held by EIF in Tbilisi, the 5 volunteers are settling in their placements in Armenia and Georgia.
- September 2018: all 5 volunteers attended together the On-Arrival Training in Kobuleti, Georgia, organised by SALTO-EECA. This was a great opportunity for them to network and meet new friends!
- October 2018: After one month in hosting families in Dilijan, Simon, Frederik and Herman moved to their shared flat.
- November 2018: Amy wrote an article about how energisers foster learning in non-formal context, check it out here.
- November 2018: how is it to share a flat with housemates for the first time in life? Frederik is giving us some insights of the settling of the volunteers in Dilijan, as well as an idea on how his days look like.
- November 2018: how is it to volunteer in a country where you do not know the language? Check out Jelna’s article about communication, languages and tolerance.
Pictures of the activities at the Youth Cooperation Centre in Dilijan, Armenia
Pictures of the activities at the Association SIQA in Rustavi, Georgia